Help your lawn through periods of drought
Professional Lawn Treatment Plan from £2.77 per WeekGet Quote
Long periods of hot, dry weather cause major stress issues for lawns;
You may be wondering how to help your lawn through a drought;
- Water is essential to stop grass from dying
- Grass should be left longer to help catch any night-time dew
- Apply wetting agents to make water more effective and reduce costs
Its far more cost effective to prevent drought damage than to renovate a dead lawn.
But perhaps you are thinking…
How often should I water my lawn?
How much does it costs to water my lawn?
How can I reduce the watering costs?
How do lawn wetting agents work?
How should I water my lawn?
In periods of drought lawn grass will die without water:
- Use a sprinkler to water your lawn – you’ll be bored of holding the hose before it’s had enough!
- Place a container on the lawn and time how long your sprinkler takes to fill half an inch of water
- Each time you water set a timer so you know when the lawn has had half an inch of water
- Give half an inch of water once a week to stop grass from dying (this will not green up your lawn)
- Water your lawn early morning to reduce the risk of virus attack on wet grass over night
Maybe you’re wondering; ‘how much will it cost to water my lawn?’;
Well the answer is simple;
Giving a 100m2 lawn half an inch of water costs around £2.50!
Can you really afford not to keep your lawn grass alive?
3 reasons to water your lawn;
- Grass will initially brown in periods of drought as the moisture is withdrawn from the leaf
- Prolonged drought and high temperature will kill grass if not watered
- It is far cheaper to regularly water your lawn than to pay to have it repaired!
How do lawn wetting agents work and why use them?
- Prolonged hot dry weather affects the soil’s ability to absorb and retain water
- The technical term is hydrophobic soil
- Wetting agents help to address hydrophobic soil and encourage water to remain in the root-zone
- More water in the root-zone means less water wastage
- Wetting agents help the soil to retain more moisture making watering or rain more effective
- Wetting agents reduce the costs associated with keeping your lawn alive
Want to know the most important part?
Water is an essential life source, without it things die!
Speak to a lawn-care professional about using wetting agents to reduce the stress and impact of heat and drought!