Get lawn mowing right every time
Lawn treatment from £2.30 per week, mowing from £7.25
I think you’ll agree that a well-mown lawn is pleasing to the eye
The 3 main rules when mowing your lawn
- Vary the mowing height depending on the time of year and rate of growth
- Try not to ‘scalp’ your lawn – if it’s too long then reduce it slowly
- Ensure your mower blade is sharp – always, not just once a year!
The truth is, lawn mowing isn’t difficult;
Perhaps you’re asking…
How short can I cut my lawn?
How often should I mow a lawn?
Can I mow wet grass?
So why don’t more people do this?
The answer really is quite simple
Lawn mowing is hard work and time-consuming!
So what are the main reasons for people not maintaining a great lawn?
4 most common reasons for poor lawn mowing
- Too many time pressures to cut the lawn frequently
- Poor quality lawn mower with blunt mower blades
- Always mowing in the same direction at the same height
- Neglecting to mow then mowing too short
So what do the professionals do?
- Start with trimming the lawn edges for a neat finish
- Remove all leaves and other vegetation that shouldn’t be on the lawn
- Blow all the debris onto the lawn ready for mowing
- Deal with any worm casts before mowing
- Use a good quality lawn mower
- Ensure the lawnmower blades are sharp so as not to damage the grass leaf
- Alternate mow directions to prevent ruts and get a cleaner cut
- Consider the weather conditions and mow at the right height
- Try not to remove more than a third of the leaf each time you mow
Want to know the best part?
When you work out the cost of your time and maintaining a mower;
It’s more cost effective to pay a lawn care professional and achieve the best results than it is to do it yourself!